Destinations: Kochi - Munnar - Periyar - Kumarakom - Alleppey
Duration: 7 Nights/ 8 Days
Day 01: Kochi
On your arrival at Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India, our executives will receive you and from there you will be transferred to your hotel.
After reaching you will get a half-day sightseeing tour of Cochin while riding a boat.
You will visit the famous Chinese Fishing Nets along the Vasco De Gama Square, Santa Cruz Basilica, St. Francis Church, Bastion Bungalow to name a few.
In the evening you may enjoy a fascinating Kathakali dance performance.
Overnight stay will at the hotel.
Day 02: Kochi - Munnar
In the morning, you will proceed to Munnar, the most beautiful hill station of south India, you may relax in the picturesque splendor of several waterfalls, fertile green valleys and hills with the small soaring clouds passing you by.
In the evening you will take a sightseeing of Munnar.
You will visit Raja Malai, a high peak of Munnar where you will spot the Neel Tahr - a mountain goat- and extensive tea gardens.
Later you will get a boat ride in the Lake of Muttupetty dam.
Overnight stay will be at the hotel.
Day 03: Munnar - Anamudi - Munnar
After having breakfast in the morning, you will visit Anamudi peak, tea plantations, Eravikulam National Park, Devikulam, Muttupetty, Pallivasal, Pothamedu, Attukal to name a few.
Spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Stay overnight at Munnar.
Day 04: Munnar - Periyar (Thekkady)
In the morning you will proceed to Periyar Wild Life Sanctuary visiting Idukki dam on the way.
You will check in at a hotel on your arrival.
In the afternoon you will visit the famous Periyar wildlife sanctuary.
You will get a boat cruising in the Periyar Lake to see wild animals such as wild elephant, boar, deer, the great Indian tiger and more.
Overnight stay will be at Periyar.
Day 05: Periyar
After having your breakfast in the morning, you may enjoy boating in the Periyar Lake, while exploring the rare species of plants and animals.
In the afternoon visit the garden of spice and tea plantations.
Overnight stay will be at Periyar.
Day 06: Periyar - Kumarakom
Early in the morning you will proceed to Kumarakom, the most well known backwater destination of Kerala.
On arrival, you will visit the celebrated Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary.
Later you will proceed to the Vembanand Lake.
You will check into a comfortable traditional houseboat to enjoy a unforgettable backwater cruising along the Periyar Lake, discovering the enthralling splendor of the backwaters.
You will have your lunch, dinner and breakfast on board the Houseboat.
You will cruise through the backwaters to Alleppey. You will spend the night at the relaxed and lavish Houseboat.
Day 07: Alleppey
You will check into the finest backwater resort in Alleppey on your arrival, you will get to see the lively villages and backwaters while cruising through the unspoiled and serene backwaters at Alleppey.
Overnight stay will be at Alleppey.
Day 08: Kochi
After breakfast in the morning, you will proceed to Kochi. When you arrive you may spend your day shopping and exploring the Fort Cochin and other attractions. You will visit the famous Shiva Temple.
In the last leg of your tour you will be transferred to an airport or a railway station to board a flight or train
|Kerala Backwater Tour|
Destinations: Kochi - Periyar - Kumarakom - Alleppey - Marari - Kochi
|India and Rajasthan Tour|
|Duration: 19 Days
Destinations: Delhi - Varanasi - Khajuraho - Orchha - Gwalior - Agra - Jaipur - Chhatrasagar - Deogarh - Udaipur - Jodhpur
|Beach Tour of India|
Destinations: Delhi - Agra - Jaipur - Udaipur - Mumbai - Cochin - Marari
- "Compass were amazing!!! Fantastic staff took care of us in India. Perfect hosts"
Lisa Ingham England [view details]
- "Dear Compass Sarah and I would like to thank you for organising such a wonderful trip"
- Sarah Cross and Paul Adams [view details]
- "I am from Argentina, I have just came back from a amazing experience visiting India"
- Dr Ricardo Ronderos and Friends [view details]
- "Durjay Sengupta arranged a perfect tour for us that was personalized to our needs"
- Megan Dees Friedman [view details]
- "First, I feel privileged to have visited your country and to be in your care."
- Arlene R Ustin [view details]
- "We had a wonder time in India and our experience with Compass India was outstanding."
J. Byron Mullins[view details]
- [View Details...]
- El Triangulo De Oro
- Reflejos de Rajasthan con Varanasi y Khajuraho
- Viaje a los majestuosos templos y palacios de la India
- Pintoresco Rajsthan Con El Taj Mahal
- India Clásica Con Nepal
- Arquitectura, turismo en la Ciudad Rosa y relax en Goa
- Viaje a la Tierra del Tigre
- Viajar a Varanasi, India
- India Fascinante y la Belleza Natural de Nepal y Tibet
- India Sur con Backwaters
- Itinerario India Sur
- Templos y patrimonio de la cultura de India Sur