Founder Talk to Durjay
A decade-old veteran of the hospitality industry, Durjay has closely interacted with global luxury travelers all his professional life, leading him to develop a keen understanding of their needs, motivations and concerns. This led him to envisage different sort of travel company, for whom every guest would be a unique adventure, where holiday ideas would spring from true insight into the preferences and interests of each individual traveller, leading to a truly bespoke luxury holiday experience that would be one of a kind in the Indian subcontinent.
Durjay started Compass India Holidays singlehandedly in the year 2000.
Durjay is passionately fond of travel and travellers. He continues to traverse the length and breadth of the subcontinent to stay up to date and remains hands-on to the extent that guests occasionally find it hard to believe that he "also" owns the company.
In his spare time, Durjay travels the world and collects low-slung European cars. He is also fond of quoting Robert Frost at you... the one about taking the road less traveled.
Vice President, Guest Services.
Sanjay hails from Chandigarh. He completed his education from Uttar
Pradesh. Upon completion of his graduation, Sanjay knew he couldn’t
resist his calling for very long and he decided to opt for a specialization
in hotel industry.
He began his journey into the fascinating travel industry from Varanasi, the most ancient Hindu city (one of the oldest living city of the world) with The TAJ Hotels Resorts and Palaces. His vast experience in the hotel industry, being well accustomed with guest preferences, needs and tour operations and in-depth knowledge about the various destinations in the sub-continent made him the ideal candidate for heading our Operations.
Snajay has been excellently supervising multiple guest operations and formulating and implementing Standard Operating Procedures for over 5 years now at Compass. His key responsibilities include managing operations with focus on top and bottom line performance and determining company’s mission and strategic direction as conveyed through policies and corporate objectives. He loves interacting with people and fond of playing table tennis, tennis, badminton and cricket.
- "Compass were amazing!!! Fantastic staff took care of us in India. Perfect hosts"
Lisa Ingham England [view details]
- "Dear Compass Sarah and I would like to thank you for organising such a wonderful trip"
- Sarah Cross and Paul Adams [view details]
- "I am from Argentina, I have just came back from a amazing experience visiting India"
- Dr Ricardo Ronderos and Friends [view details]
- "Durjay Sengupta arranged a perfect tour for us that was personalized to our needs"
- Megan Dees Friedman [view details]
- "First, I feel privileged to have visited your country and to be in your care."
- Arlene R Ustin [view details]
- "We had a wonder time in India and our experience with Compass India was outstanding."
J. Byron Mullins[view details]
- [View Details...]
- El triangulo de or 7 días
- Reflejos de Rajasthan con Varanasi y Khajuraho
- Viaje a los majestuosos templos y palacios de la India
- Pintoresco Rajsthan Con El Taj Mahal
- India Clásica Con Nepal
- Arquitectura, turismo en la Ciudad Rosa y relax en Goa
- Viaje a la Tierra del Tigre
- Viajar a Varanasi, India
- India Fascinante y la Belleza Natural de Nepal y Tibet
- India Sur con Backwaters
- Itinerario India Sur
- Templos y patrimonio de la cultura de India Sur