Ranthambore - Luxury Travel Destination of India
Ranthambore is unique destination that endorses one of the most important National park of India, the Ranthambore National Park. The city also endorses the elegant Ranthambore fort. The abode is basically surrounded with exceptional flora and fauna.
Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve, at the junction of the Aravalis and the Vindhyas, is a unique example of natural and historical richness, standing out conspicuously in the vast, arid and denuded tract of eastern Rajasthan, barely 14 kilometers from Sawai Madhopur. Get in tune with nature for a luxury holiday in the heart of the jungle. Most of the resorts are close to the National Park Gate, Tiger Den being the closest.
It spreads over a highly undulating topography varying from gentle to steep slopes; from flat topped hills of the Vindhyas to the conical hillocks and sharp ridges of the Aravalis, from wide and flat valleys to narrow rocky gorges. An important geological feature the ‘Great Boundary Fault’ where the Vindhya plateaus meet the Aravali Hill range meanders through the Reserve. The National Park is bound by the rivers Chambal in the south and Banas in the north.
Tiger, at the apex of the food chain, lord over the kingdom in a subtle way. Solitary by nature, it operates in stealth. Therefore tiger sightings, frequent as they are, are always a matter of chance. However, even evidences of tiger's activities are very exciting.
Airways:Nearest airport is at Jaipur. Railways:Sawai Madhopur is the nearest railhead. Roadways:Linked to major Rajasthan cities.
Fact About Ranthambore
Best time to visit : September-March Languages:Hindi, Rajasthani and English. Major attractions :Ranthambore National Park.
Ranthambhore: Wake up early morning and leave for your safari into the National Park. Track the tigers and other wildlife through the morning. Return to the resort / lodge by 1000 in the morning and have breakfast. Freshen up and either spend time at the pool or visit the town. You could also go for a nice visit to the temple on top of the fort. In the afternoon have lunch and then leave again for you afternoon safari. The safari will be till evening 1700 – 1800 hr and then return to the resort / lodge. Dinner will be at the resort and retire early for the night. Overnight will be at Ranthambhore.
Ranthambore fort Perched at the top of the Aravali and Vindya Hill ranges, The Ranthambore spans over 7 kilometers in circumference. It is believed that a chuhan warrior built this fort in 944 A.D. The interiors of the fort are beautifully carved. The most fascinating is the Hamir court where even a whisper could be heard.
Ranthambore National Park Spanning over 400 sq kms, Ranthambore embrace a network of lakes and rivers. The terrain endorses forest and open bushland. Forest is basically deciduous type with dhok being the prominent tree. The place also boasts the second largest Banyan tree In India. The national Park is majorly known for its tiger population. The Padam Talab, the Raj Bagh Talab and the Malik Talab are some of the lakes in the area that attract the tiger population. It was converted into a National park in 1980 and came under project Tiger scheme in 1973.
|Kerala Backwater Tour|
Destinations: Kochi - Periyar - Kumarakom - Alleppey - Marari - Kochi
|India and Rajasthan Tour|
|Duration: 19 Days
Destinations: Delhi - Varanasi - Khajuraho - Orchha - Gwalior - Agra - Jaipur - Chhatrasagar - Deogarh - Udaipur - Jodhpur
|Beach Tour of India|
Destinations: Delhi - Agra - Jaipur - Udaipur - Mumbai - Cochin - Marari
- "Compass were amazing!!! Fantastic staff took care of us in India. Perfect hosts"
Lisa Ingham England [view details]
- "Dear Compass Sarah and I would like to thank you for organising such a wonderful trip"
- Sarah Cross and Paul Adams [view details]
- "I am from Argentina, I have just came back from a amazing experience visiting India"
- Dr Ricardo Ronderos and Friends [view details]
- "Durjay Sengupta arranged a perfect tour for us that was personalized to our needs"
- Megan Dees Friedman [view details]
- "First, I feel privileged to have visited your country and to be in your care."
- Arlene R Ustin [view details]
- "We had a wonder time in India and our experience with Compass India was outstanding."
J. Byron Mullins[view details]
- [View Details...]
- El triangulo de or 7 días
- Reflejos de Rajasthan con Varanasi y Khajuraho
- Viaje a los majestuosos templos y palacios de la India
- Pintoresco Rajsthan Con El Taj Mahal
- India Clásica Con Nepal
- Arquitectura, turismo en la Ciudad Rosa y relax en Goa
- Viaje a la Tierra del Tigre
- Viajar a Varanasi, India
- India Fascinante y la Belleza Natural de Nepal y Tibet
- India Sur con Backwaters
- Itinerario India Sur
- Templos y patrimonio de la cultura de India Sur