Rishikesh - Luxury Travel Destination of India
Situated 24 Km upstream from Haridwar, at the confluence of the Chandrabhaga and Ganga, Rishikesh has long been a spiritual Centre. It is said that the sage Raibhya Rishi did severe penance here and as a reward, God appeared to him in the form of Hrishikesh, hence the name. Rishikesh has numerous ashrams that serve as centres of philosophical studies, yoga and meditation. Rishikesh is not only an attraction for pilgrims but it also attracts foreigners who want to know about Hinduism, who want to spend some time close to the Lord. People who love rafting come here to conquer the rapids of Ganga. Rishikesh is also an ideal base camp for trekking in the nearby Himalayas.
Rishikesh is an ideal destination not only for pilgrims but also for those who want to delve deeper into meditation, yoga and other aspects of Hinduism. Rishikesh is also called the "Yoga capital of the world". For the adventurous, Rishikesh is the place for starting their trekking expeditions and excursions towards the Himalayan peaks. The International Yoga week, which attracts praticipation from all across the world, is held here every year from 2nd to 7th Feb on the bank of river Ganga.
Bharat Mandir:The Bharat Mandir is the oldest temple in Rishikesh, near the Jhanda Chowk; Rabya Rishi did tapasya at this place. The township of Rishikesh is named after the "Lord Hrishikesh Narayan Bharat".
Kailash Niketan Temple:This is the main temple at Laxman Jhoola and one can see the sculptures of all Gods and Goddesses in this thirteen storey mansion.
Satya Narayan Temple:The idol of Lord Satya Narayan has been enshrined inside the temple located enroute to Rishikesh, 10 km away from Haridwar. The visitors use this place as a station to halt for a casual worship.
Shatrughan Temple:This is an ancient temple dedicated to Shatrughan, Lord Ram's brother and is situated 5 km away from Rishikesh.
Neelkanth Mahadev: The Neelkanth temple is situated on top of a hill across the Ganga river. According to mythology, after the sagar manthan Lord Shiva drank all the effluent venom here, this turned his throat blue, hence the name Neelkanth.
|Kerala Backwater Tour|
Destinations: Kochi - Periyar - Kumarakom - Alleppey - Marari - Kochi
|India and Rajasthan Tour|
|Duration: 19 Days
Destinations: Delhi - Varanasi - Khajuraho - Orchha - Gwalior - Agra - Jaipur - Chhatrasagar - Deogarh - Udaipur - Jodhpur
|Beach Tour of India|
Destinations: Delhi - Agra - Jaipur - Udaipur - Mumbai - Cochin - Marari
- "Compass were amazing!!! Fantastic staff took care of us in India. Perfect hosts"
Lisa Ingham England [view details]
- "Dear Compass Sarah and I would like to thank you for organising such a wonderful trip"
- Sarah Cross and Paul Adams [view details]
- "I am from Argentina, I have just came back from a amazing experience visiting India"
- Dr Ricardo Ronderos and Friends [view details]
- "Durjay Sengupta arranged a perfect tour for us that was personalized to our needs"
- Megan Dees Friedman [view details]
- "First, I feel privileged to have visited your country and to be in your care."
- Arlene R Ustin [view details]
- "We had a wonder time in India and our experience with Compass India was outstanding."
J. Byron Mullins[view details]
- [View Details...]
- El triangulo de or 7 días
- Reflejos de Rajasthan con Varanasi y Khajuraho
- Viaje a los majestuosos templos y palacios de la India
- Pintoresco Rajsthan Con El Taj Mahal
- India Clásica Con Nepal
- Arquitectura, turismo en la Ciudad Rosa y relax en Goa
- Viaje a la Tierra del Tigre
- Viajar a Varanasi, India
- India Fascinante y la Belleza Natural de Nepal y Tibet
- India Sur con Backwaters
- Itinerario India Sur
- Templos y patrimonio de la cultura de India Sur