Taj Mahal Agra - Luxury Travel Destination of India
Taj Mahal in Agra is synonymous with India. The eternal beauty of the monument lies in its location, architecture and the feeling that went behind its construction. For times immemorial the Taj will stand as a symbol of eternal love. The Taj Mahal in India is a must visit for everyone at least once in a lifetime.
The Taj Mahal finds its place amongst the 7 wonders of the World. It is definitely one of the most photographed and written monuments of the World. The majestic Taj Mahal attracts tourists from far and away. The architectural magnificence and aesthetic beauty of the Taj Mahal ensures that people return to see to time and again.
The great Mughal Emperor Shahjahan (1592-1666) got the Taj Mahal built over a period of 22 years. Besides the Taj Mahal he was the man behind other popular monuments Red Fort and Jama Masjid of Delhi. He brought about modifications in the Agra Fort too.
The architectural wonder of the Taj Mahal is a monument of love, purity and beauty that Shah Jahan had built in the loving memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. Thus, the Taj Mahal is essentially the mausoleum of the mughal Empress Mumtaz Mahal.
The Taj Mahal complex has a main gateway, an elaborate garden, a mosque and a prayer house besides the mausoleum. The extensive use of the marble and precious stones on the Taj Mahal make it a wonderful wonder.
Taj is the salute to the Indian womanhood that till date inspires people to love. In fact the beauty of Taj Mahal has inspired people, poets and painters. No words or pictures can do justice to the loveliness of the Taj. One has to see it to believe it and experience it to enjoy it.
Besides the Taj Mahal, Agra boasts of a number of tourist attractions such as Agra Fort, Sikandra, and Itmad-ud Daulah Tomb. Then there are various excursion options also possible from Agra including those to Fatehpur Sikri, Mathura and Vrindavan.
The best time to visit the Taj Mahal in Agra is in the winter months from October to March. The summer and the monsoon months are best avoided.
There are a number of luxury hotels in Agra that offer views of the Taj Mahal from their rooms. The best of facilities and the most efficient of services may be enjoyed at the luxury hotels around Taj Mahal.
Agra, the city of Taj is easily accessible through air, rail and road. Delhi the capital city of India acts as the main gateway to Agra. There are regular flights to Agra. Express trains from Delhi take you to Agra in less than two hours.
|Kerala Backwater Tour|
Destinations: Kochi - Periyar - Kumarakom - Alleppey - Marari - Kochi
|India and Rajasthan Tour|
|Duration: 19 Days
Destinations: Delhi - Varanasi - Khajuraho - Orchha - Gwalior - Agra - Jaipur - Chhatrasagar - Deogarh - Udaipur - Jodhpur
|Beach Tour of India|
Destinations: Delhi - Agra - Jaipur - Udaipur - Mumbai - Cochin - Marari
- "Compass were amazing!!! Fantastic staff took care of us in India. Perfect hosts"
Lisa Ingham England [view details]
- "Dear Compass Sarah and I would like to thank you for organising such a wonderful trip"
- Sarah Cross and Paul Adams [view details]
- "I am from Argentina, I have just came back from a amazing experience visiting India"
- Dr Ricardo Ronderos and Friends [view details]
- "Durjay Sengupta arranged a perfect tour for us that was personalized to our needs"
- Megan Dees Friedman [view details]
- "First, I feel privileged to have visited your country and to be in your care."
- Arlene R Ustin [view details]
- "We had a wonder time in India and our experience with Compass India was outstanding."
J. Byron Mullins[view details]
- [View Details...]
- El triangulo de or 7 días
- Reflejos de Rajasthan con Varanasi y Khajuraho
- Viaje a los majestuosos templos y palacios de la India
- Pintoresco Rajsthan Con El Taj Mahal
- India Clásica Con Nepal
- Arquitectura, turismo en la Ciudad Rosa y relax en Goa
- Viaje a la Tierra del Tigre
- Viajar a Varanasi, India
- India Fascinante y la Belleza Natural de Nepal y Tibet
- India Sur con Backwaters
- Itinerario India Sur
- Templos y patrimonio de la cultura de India Sur